To improve the quality of life of underrepresented and marginalized residents of California’s Central Valley by promoting social and environmental justice issues through youth outreach, education, technology, and art.
VIP’s 5 Areas of Purpose are:
- Environmental Justice and Public Health: VIP works to promote the good health of people and the planet by emphasizing natural and sustainable agriculture and environmental practices.
- Youth Outreach and Alternative Education: VIP works to provide local young people, and other community members, with productive recreational activities and with socially and culturally relevant and accurate educational workshops and literature.
- Homeless Outreach and Empowerment: VIP works with community members that are without stable living conditions to help find the resources they need.
- Tenant/Worker Rights and Solidarity: VIP works with local residents being harassed or treated unfairly by their landlords or employers and assists in building solidarity amongst them.
- Law Enforcement/Prison/Immigration Accountability: VIP works to ensure police, immigration, prison, and jail officials and institutions are held accountable for their actions in cases of abuse and corruption.