Web Tours L.A.
WebToursLA.com is a free public service intended to promote recreational opportunities available at little or no cost in the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, the largest urban national park in America. With over 14,000 visitors and 21,000 minutes viewed, our goal is to expand the number of Web movies.
WebToursLA.com for 2015-16 proposes to expand the website with 8 new park locations which would include tours of:
- Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park
- Arroyo Sequit Park
- Ballona Creek Trail and Bike Path
- Runyon Canyon Park
- Topanga State Park
- Stoney Point Park
- Sage Ranch Park
- Westridge-Canyonback Wilderness Park
Also being considered are segments:
- Making the case how best to protect Sweetwater Mesa from overdevelopment.
- A 3-minute video supporting President Obama’s designation of national forest land in the San Gabriel Mountains as a national monument.
- Explain the planning and design behind the Upper Los Angeles River Watershed Regional Multi-benefit Project.
- Promote the grand efforts of the Friends of the Los Angeles River demoing biological monitoring and citizen science interpretive programs.
The hope is that parks' patrons will offer matching support for this project.