Save Open Space
Save Open Space, Santa Monica Mountains concentrates on maintaining open space, protecting wildlife, and preserving natural resources. SOS protects our open space by holding the permit and planning agencies to existing planning laws. We believe that if existing planning laws are upheld, there will be less destruction of the environment. The primary geographical focus of SOS is the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreational Area and its zone.
The specific purposes for which this organization is organized include:
- Educating area residents and local, state, and federal elected officials on the value of preserving OPEN SPACE.
- Informing area residents and necessary officials about development proposals that exceed current zoning and general plan requirements and guidelines.
- Setting up tax deductible accounts for litigation against developments which violate planning laws.
- Making elected officials accountable for upholding general plans and zoning ordinances.
- Endorsing those nonpartisan candidates or elected officials who support the goals of this organization and informing the public of the reason for such political endorsements.